S.U.E.U. CONFERENCES – PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS POLICY
The purpose of this Payments, Cancellations and Refunds Policy is to outline some basic principles regarding payments for events, and to clarify the circumstances under which refunds can and cannot be issued in the circumstance that an individual is unable to attend a conference for which they have already paid all or part of the attendance fee.
This Policy refers to ‘Small Events’ which are defined as events where the registration cost for the individual is less than $200, and ‘Large Events’ where the registration cost for the individual is greater than or equal to $200.
1. Registrations will be confirmed upon payment of a deposit by the specified due date prior to the commencement of the Event.
2. Registrations will be complete upon full-payment of the requisite fees prior to the commencement of the Event.
3. This deposit will be equal to 5% of the total registration fee for ‘Small Events’, or $50 in the case of ‘Large Events’.
4. This deposit is non-refundable.
5. A period referred to as the “cut-off” date will strictly apply 1 week prior to the start of Small Events or 2 weeks prior to the start of Large Events. During this time all non-confirmed registrations will be cancelled in the case of Small Events and all incomplete registrations will be cancelled in the case of Large Events.
6. In the case of cancellation due to “cut-off”, it is the duty of the Event Registrar to notify the individuals concerned.
7. Any voluntary cancellations prior to the “cut-off” date will be eligible to receive a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit). In order to be eligible the individual requesting a refund must contact the Event Registrar by email.
8. Any payments made prior to a cancellation due to “cut-off” other than the deposit are eligible for refund.
9. Any payments made after the “cut-off” date are not eligible for refund.
10. Cl. 7.8 and 9 also apply to those altering their registration from full-time to part-time, or from part-time to a reduced level of part-time attendance.
11. Anyone who pays event fees before the cut-off date, but cancels after the cut-off date due to an unforeseen circumstance, may submit a written request (via email) to the Event Registrar for a refund (less the deposit). While it is unlikely that the refund will be issued (after the cut-off date, the SUEU generally has to pay the fees for the number of attendees that they communicated to the event site, regardless of how many people actually end up attending the conference); all such situations will be reviewed on an individual basis in an effort to offer grace and understanding to the payer involved.